Welcome to Kitsap Veterinary Hospital! We try to make every visit a pleasant one from the moment you walk in the door until you head home with your pet. Check out the pictures of our facility below, or feel free to stop by and take a tour during normal business hours.
Animal Hospital Policies
To allow ample time for all patients and scheduled surgical procedures, we operate primarily by appointment. Clients who arrive 5 or more minutes late for their scheduled appointment will be treated as a walk-in case and will be seen as time permits after the other scheduled clients have been seen. Emergency cases shall always receive top priority, which is why occasional appointment delay is inevitable. Please realize that we make a sincere attempt to see each client on time. As the check-in process for new clients requires slightly more time, we recommend that new clients arrive 20 minutes prior to their scheduled appointment, with previous medical records, to ensure an on-time appointment. If you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment please allow 24 hours advanced notice.
Care Credit is a client payment program that allows you to say "yes" to the treatment your pet needs. Whether it is an everyday checkup or an emergency surgery, they allow you to pay for it over time with low monthly payments that you can fit in to your budget. Learn more by visiting the Care Credit website.
Patient Arrival Policy
To ensure the safety and comfort of all our patients and clients, all dogs must be on a leash and properly controlled while in the waiting area or exam rooms. All cats either must be in a carrier or leashed. Even though we make every effort to make our patients feel comfortable during visits, they may be a little uneasy about new people, new surroundings and other pets. This is the reason we ask you to restrain your pets.
Kitsap Veterinary Hospital requires full payment at the time that services are rendered. For your convenience, we accept:
- American Express
- Checks with proper identification
- Care Credit
We frequently offer promotions, so please check them out.
Paying for excellent pet health care can be a challenge. Health insurance for your pet might make sense for your family. There are many, different companies that offer pet insurance coverage. We recommend you take the time to evaluate your needs and choose the company that best fits based on: premium costs, what is covered, life time limits, exclusions, and reimbursement. A helpful tool can be found at Pet Insurance Review website which compares many different companies. Kitsap Veterinary Hospital is unable to recommend specific companies so we have prepared a helpful guide to assist you in researching and evaluating pet insurance. As with most pet insurance companies, you will submit your invoice to the insurance company and they will reimburse you for the amount you have paid.
Useful Documents and Forms
Kitsap Veterinary Hospital is pleased to provide you with a variety of forms that can simplify the process of caring for your pet.
- Washington State Veterinary Medical Association: Frequently Asked Questions
- This site has over 10,000 veterinarian- approved articles ranging from breed selection to training. Free online registration is required to view some of the articles.
AAHA Healthy Pet
- This website is run by the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA), dedicated to developing and evaluating practice standards for veterinarians. This site contains excellent information regarding health care guidelines for animals.
Pet Insurance Review
- An independent group that rates the different companies who offer pet insurance runs this site
- Offers special financing and low monthly payment options, no up-front costs, and no-prepayment penalties so you can keep your pet happy and healthy
- This website contains information for pet owners written by veterinarians from the Veterinary Information Network, the largest online veterinary database.
- Veterinary Pharmacy Information